Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Commercial Contracts Manager
The Commercial Contracts Manager will support the organization in managing its contract negotiations and obligations pre- and post-contract execution. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all standard form agreements and continually propose and incorporate feedback to improve standard agreements;
- Support commercialization and standardization of new products;
- Prepare standard form and customized agreements for customers, partners, and vendors as needed to support day-to-day operations;
- Analyze third party agreements for conformance with SMS’ standard commercial position to identify material inconsistencies
- Liaise with legal counsel and incorporate counsel’s input as appropriate;
- Implement version control processes and ensure company-wide training and compliance;
- Manage signature collections process and timely satisfaction of any approvals or conditions precedent
- Manage contracts database, including monitoring existing contracts to ensure conformance with budget, deadlines, performance obligations, customer service, and contract renewals/expiration.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with SMS internal approval processes
For you to be successful in the role, you should have:
- Strong commercial acumen and familiarity with standard commercial agreements
- Experience preparing power purchase agreements, energy services agreements, M&A transaction agreements, or similar agreements within the distributed energy industry preferred
- Familiar with the electric industry, with a preference for individuals familiar with the distributed energy industry and regulatory frameworks
- Detail and process oriented, with a history of improving and standardizing agreements and contract management processes – balancing speed and agility with internal controls and risk management
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial in nature; willing to step outside of role where needed to support the company’s needs; thrives in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; law degree preferred; 3-5 years post-grad work experience
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.Apply Now
At Scale, we believe a clear strategy combined with a strong culture are paramount to building a great business. Our culture serves as a guiding framework for all aspects of our business: who we hire, how we work together, how we treat people, how we approach challenges and opportunities, the value we deliver to customers, what we aspire to do, and why all of this is important to us. Our virtues are the foundation of our culture by which all employees will be bound.