Business Development Director, East Coast
We are seeking a highly experienced business development veteran to serve as SMS’s East Coast business development leader. Responsibilities will include:
• Leading microgrid business development efforts for SMS on the East Coast (and potentially North America), including scaling sales of our R2M2 in the region.
• Setting, meeting, and exceeding sales targets for him/herself, as well as any future team
• Forming new, and nurturing existing, strategic and channel partnership relationships to expand sales reach
• Designing scalable strategies to grow revenue across the East Coast (and North America)
• Planning a team growth strategy with a goal towards building and managing a team of business development managers to achieve growth targets
• Tracking market changes and competitor activities to stay ahead of trends
• Pursuing complex, high visibility accounts and developing high value relationships with them
• Working closely with leadership and other business development leaders to develop a network growth plan
• Partnering with technical resources, legal teams, and leadership to structure contracts
• Actively managing a pipeline of short-term prospects while keeping warm relationships that have long-term value
• Working with the broader business development team to implement best practices, KPIs, and origination channels across the country
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a growing business. For you to be successful in the role, you should have:
• A track record in of meeting and exceeding sales targets
• A passion for solution sales and history of selling to the C-level
• Demonstrated experience developing successful business development strategies in an autonomous environment
• The ability to manage ambiguity and relay complex concepts in a simplified manner
• The ability to understand the high-level technical aspects of our product
• Strong relationship-building skills and ability to interpret customer goals and align sales with customer objectives and approval processes
• Excellent presentation skills
• Sound decision-making skills with the ability to balance both short-term and long-term needs
• 5+ years of business development experience in the energy industry preferred
• 3+ years of business development management preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years of overall work experience
Health: We help you and your family stay healthy with extensive medical benefit options and coverage.
Finance: We offer a competitive compensation package and 401k matching.
Flexibility: Our time off policy encourages employees to replenish their energy when they need it.
At Scale, we believe a clear strategy combined with a strong culture are paramount to building a great business. Our culture serves as a guiding framework for all aspects of our business: who we hire, how we work together, how we treat people, how we approach challenges and opportunities, the value we deliver to customers, what we aspire to do, and why all of this is important to us. Our virtues are the foundation of our culture by which all employees will be bound.