On October 28, our head of West Coast Business Development, Shea Hughes, will be speaking on a panel at 9:40am PT.
The panel is titled: Role of Microgrids and Other Green Technologies
The proliferation of PSPSs and the realization that this could be the “new normal” in California for the foreseeable future has drastically increased interest in deploying local solar + storage and microgrid projects. However, it is unclear now what entities are best suited to procure these systems, as well as whether it makes more sense to deploy small, front of the meter systems or more traditional rooftop solar plus BTM storage units that have proliferated in California over the past few years. This panel will explore:
• What role could local solar + storage projects play?
• Is this an effective model for grid hardening?
• What are the advantages of small front of the meter solar + storage that can be used as a
centralized source of power?
• Who will do the procurement of these systems—CCAs, IOUs or other parties?
• Is this a model that can serve the local community?
• What mechanisms are needed to incentivize and monetize these sorts of projects?
If you plan on attending the virtual event, let us know! You can find more information at: https://infocastinc.com/event/california-energy/